MINUTES of Ascension Trace HOA
Meeting date: September 24, 2014
Call to order: A community meeting of the ATHOA, was held at the Fifth Ward VFD-Station on HWY 44 on September 24th of 2014. The meeting convened at 7:06 p.m.
Members in attendance: Rosemary Ventress-Vice President, Jenna Yarbrough-Treasurer, Monique Winey- Secretary, Thelma Griffin-Board Member, and Delores Kepp-Board Member
Members not in attendance: Dawn Ewen- President
Approval of minutes: Motion was made by Rosemary Ventress, and seconded to approve the minutes of the September 24th meeting. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report-Jenna Yarbrough
• Budget and Financial overview was discussed
• HOA dues increase/decrease percentages
Board and committee reports:
• 2015 Elections will be quickly approaching. Nominations to bring up for the next community meeting in December 2014. Elections in the first quarter of 2016 will take place and former members will assist each with transitioning new to their new position by Jenna Yarbrough.
• Thelma Griffin spoke in regards to the Neighborhood Watch Committee. New members were thanked for becoming a member of this committee. She showed a sample of what the flyers and brochures would look like in regards to the Neighborhood Watch Kick-off. Dates for the kick-off events will be given at a later time.
• Jenna Yarbrough spoke in regards to the Social Committee. Jenna explained that HOA is planning a social event that will be by RSVP only and is a family event. The event will take place at the Fire Station on HWY 44 or the Darrow Community Center depending on the results that will be received from the RSVPs. As of right now HOA is looking at planning the social event on November, but more information will be given a couple of weeks before the event date.
• Delores Kepp mentioned during the meeting that our Violation Committee is in desperate need of volunteers to assist with this task. She then began to explain what violations would be in our subdivision and why it is imperative that we work together to stay on top of this matter.
• Welcome Committee –no comment by Rosemary Ventress. Many homeowners suggested that when a new neighbor moves into the neighborhood that we call the hotline to inform us of our new neighbors. Once we are informed then the person who is in charge of the hotline will share this information with the Welcome Committee and that will take over at that point.
Committee chairs need to get together to determine when they plan on meeting with the committee members so that can begin to work on our common goals within our subdivision
Get police officers into the subdivision to track speeders on both main streets. Major concerns were made about the ditches and how they are not being maintained properly or in a timely manner. Our neighborhood is still a desired area to raise a family and we have several people who are buying within our subdivision.
Adjournment: Motion made by Rosemary to adjourn meeting
Meeting adjourned 8:03 pm
Monique Winey September 24, 2014
Secretary Date of approval
Ascension Trace HOA