MINUTES of Ascension Trace HOA
Meeting date: December 20, 2014
Call to order: A board meeting of the ATHOA, was held at the McDonald’s on Hwy 44 on December 20th of 2014. The meeting convened at 12:00 p.m.
Members in attendance: Jenna Yarbrough-Treasurer, Monique Winey- Secretary, Thelma Griffin-Board Member, and Delores Kepp-Board Member
Members not in attendance: Dawn Ewen, President and Rosemary Ventress, Vice President
Board and committee reports:
• Neighborhood Kick Off will take place on January 24, 2015 from 1-3. Fliers and brochures will be given by mail. The materials will consists of: fliers from the Sheriff’s Department, Thelma, and Alarm providers. We will need captains and monitors for each street. Theme: Feeling Safe in 2015 for our Neighborhood Kick Off. Ideas: get a banner to attract more neighbors to attend meetings. Monique will stuff fliers into invoices so that can go out by January 5th. Delores will check on Alarm Providers for fliers and the fire department (Check on Smoke House) and also call EMS to see if they will provide us with pertinent information about our safety. Create labels with Feeling Safe in 2015 on them and make about 50 folders to give to one member of each household.
• Welcome Brochure for Welcome Committee- Dawn is in the process/has finalized brochures and will be asked to present at the next meeting. Get with Ursula to see if her committee has had a chance to meet and if not let her be aware that a board member will attend to assist in any way possible. Check to make sure that she has all the materials that she and her committee needs to pass out to new neighbors within our subdivision.
• HOA Nominations/Voting in the Spring-Voting will take place on March 26th for Board Member positions. Votes will be determined based on a majority rule vote.
• Liens being placed in January- demanding letters will go out to 44 homeowners on December and the lien letters will go out on January 23rd. From this point on if a homeowner misses two payments then they will be automatically placed on the lien list.
• Info for Newsletter in January will be taken care of by Jenna.
• Ways to get Homeowners to pay their dues-Send out post cards that have the following questions on them. 1. What role could you play in making our HOA more effective? 2. Why do you think it is important for our subdivision to have an HOA?
• Concerns about Pond Solution. Have they fixed our fountain if not, will they be able to replace it with one that is larger and has a filtering system to decrease the algae.
• Unfinished business:
Welcome Brochure for Welcome Committee
New business: N/A
Meeting adjourned at 1:00 p.m.
Monique Winey December 20, 2014
Secretary Date of approval
Ascension Trace HOA